Wednesday 18 November 2015


Kayleigh Haywood, Aged 15.
Missing schoolgirl Kayleigh Haywood disappeared after going to see a man she met on Facebook.
Two men have been arrested after the 15-year-old, who was last seen on Friday, told her parents she was going for a ­sleepover at her best friend’s house.
But it is believed the popular youngster secretly met a man she had been in contact with on social media .
A source said: “Kayleigh had told her best friend about a man who had been messaging her on Facebook.

“They were both going to meet this man on Friday evening, but earlier in the week Kayleigh announced she was no longer going to meet him.
“Usually she would spend the weekend with her best friend and her family. But Kayleigh told the girl that she would be going to visit an auntie instead.”
Detectives are continuing to quiz two men aged 27 and 28 in connection with Kayleigh’s disappearance .
Magistrates have granted police a further 36 hours to question the two suspects, who were arrested in the early hours of Monday.
It has emerged that her mobile phone was discovered by a dog walker in Sence Valley Forest Park in Ibstock, Leics, on Saturday afternoon.
The park was sealed off as police searched for clues.
The phone was used to send a text message to her distraught mum Stephanie, 36, earlier that day.
Her family, of Measham, Leics, said they “fear the worst” as she would never have willingly parted with her mobile.
In a statement, Kayleigh’s mum and dad, Martin Whitby, described her as a bubbly, loving, caring girl.
Appealing directly to her they said: “Your brothers and sister are missing you and just want you home.
“We all miss you so much especially Mertle, your little sister. Please come home, you’re not in any trouble, we just want you back safe and sound.”
Brother Kyle, 18, said: “I’ve not slept since Saturday. She is a 15-year-old girl and I just want my little sister to come back home.
"I’m terrified for her and what might happen.”
Police also searched a house on an estate in Ibstock.
Kayleigh was last seen on Friday when she was dropped off outside Ibstock Community College, where she was a pupil until 2013, at 6pm.
Principal David Phillips said he was “very concerned”.

No comments:

Post a Comment